Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

Orange Roll Neck and Duster Coat.






Top - ASOS
Jeans - Topshop
Belt - Vintage 
Duster Coat - Primark 
Shoes - Converse via eBay

Rewind to before I went to England and to before I got my hair cut at which point autumn was still an unknown notion to Montpellier. It was boasting 20 degree heat in October for goodness sake and now it's bloody freezing - Sort yourself out France. Point being, it was far too warm even for this light duster jacket yet I had been pinning to wear it ever since I bought it 2 months ago (yes two months) and so just accepted that I would be more sweaty than usual and wore it anyway. All in the name of fashion, eh?

I picked up the wonderful duster coat in question from Primark just before I flew to France and in my head I thought I'd look dead classy in it. For some reason I always envisioned the French having impeccable and classy style and thought that the only way I could avoid carrying a giant illuminated sign saying 'foreigner' over my head would be to dress as equally as impeccable and classy. Turns out everything in my head was a lie. Not to say that French people don't dress nice, some of them really do, but I haven't been bowled over by insane outfits that wouldn't be out of place at say Paris Fashion Week. All in all it's not that different to England and I don't know why I ever thought it would be. 

Misjudging an entire country's sense of style aside, I still think I could create a more classy outfit with this here duster jacket but that will have to be for another day. As you can see here, I still can't shake off the grunge trend which I know has been done to death, yet I will continue to adopt it until comes back from the dead and haunts me like Casper the ghost (in a friendly and none-scary manner). 

It was also nice to wear this orange top that quite often gets neglected because it has the awful habit of consistently showing off my bra straps. The top is just the wrong amount of clingy to wear without a bra which is such a shame cos I'm all for everyday being a braless day - but that's a topic for another post. 


Because this video is as cute as it comes. 

5 comments:

  1. Loving the bright crop with those jeans - such a lovely laid back look!

    Have a great week :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool, relaxed outfit, looks so good!

    http://ella-mink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The duster jacket is definately on my wishlist. It's so pretty and love the orange crop top.x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! I love your top. I wondered if you would like to follow each other. Let me know on my blog. That would be really awesome! :)

    Have a nice weekend! :)
    a-fashionable-rendezvous.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...