Pages

Thursday 18 December 2014

Summery Dress and Winter Jumper.





Denim Jacket - Charity Shop
Scarf - From a Friend
Jumper - Charity Shop
Dress - H&M
Boots - ASOS

I finally did it. I pulled through and managed to sit all 10 exams in the space of one week; two of which were 3 hours long each, I might add. My brain is thoroughly frazzled and my right hand is still recovering from writing pages upon pages of essays. I've had little time to relax in all honesty as it has been a mad rush to buy Christmas presents and organise everything for flying back home. Having said that I am really getting into the Christmas spirit of things as the atmosphere here in Montpellier is just so uplifting and magical. I think that comes with living in a city with all the lights and constant smell of mulled wine and roasting chestnuts in the air. The Christmas market is also lovely and I just wish I had enough space in my suitcase to buy something from each stall. 

As well as Christmas shopping, my friend and I managed to get some tickets to see Swan Lake for just 10 Euros each. It was my first experience watching a ballet and it was phenomenal. Although I am more of a fan of contemporary dance, ballet appears so unbelievably effortless and really demonstrates the amazing capabilities of the human body that I cannot help but fall in love with it. Just imagine how much blood, sweat and tears go into rehearsing for one production which is over in 2 hours. It's incredible. 

Shall we move onto fashion? Summery dresses with jumpers chucked over the top = my favourite winter combo. It helps that this particular dress has dark tones which makes it easy to team with wintry colours such as black. I picked up this jumper in a charity shop a couple of years ago and haven't really got much wear out of it until recently. I'm so glad I have rediscovered it, however, as it has become a firm staple in my winter wardrobe. Also, it is the warmest jumper, I can even wear it without a jacket. Although, as it was a particularly cold day here in Montpellier (which is rare lemmie tell ya: currently 18 degrees, what?) I decided to throw on my denim jacket for a little extra warmth. I also think the light wash denim and cream scarf help brighten up the outfit and make it look more cozy and casual. I just had to add my lovely new desert boots and I was good to go. 

I have a tonne of preparation to do for my return to England mainly being cleaning and packing, urgh. However, on the bright side I am going out for crepes and ice-skating this evening with my friends. It will a be bitter sweet evening as one of my friends was only here for one semester and is spending the next in Madrid. Although it's really sad and I will miss her lots, it does mean I have a cool place to go and visit her. Silver lining and all that.




Because it's my new fave Christmas song. 


12 comments:

  1. Well done completing your exams, now have a wonderful, well deserved rest over the festive period :) Absolutely love this outfit - Winter Florals are one of my favourite trends! :)


    www.stylesunrise.co.uk


    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve ur style.. You look Stunning !

    Would u like2 follow each other n stay in contact ?

    www.ananyatales.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit, I love how you've softened the girly floral print with a jumper and boots. Congrats on finishing your exams too! xx
    VIVA EPERNAY
    P.S. I love that you put videos at the bottom of your posts, I've started scrolling down to play the music while I read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on finishing your exams! you look lovely! xo

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit, love your skirt :)

    Visit my blog if you like. http://teacher-in-real-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eleanor Humphries20 December 2014 at 08:02

    Love how you always look so effortless and grunge! Well done on getting through your exams x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want this skirt so much I love how you have paired it with a denim jacket looks great :) xx

    www.lulabelloves.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit! I love the combo dress+jumper

    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit, love the floral dress <3

    I have a new outfit post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great :)

    inperfect-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the dress! so cute! x

    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great way to winterize a summer piece x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...